Resident Evil 3 remake

Discussion for BIOHAZARD 2 Remake, BIOHAZARD 3 Remake, BIOHAZARD 4 Classic and Remake, BIOHAZARD 5, BIOHAZARD 6, BIOHAZARD 7, BIOHAZARD Village, BIOHAZARD The Umbrella Chronicles, BIOHAZARD The Darkside Chronicles, BIOHAZARD Revelations, BIOHAZARD Revelations 2, BIOHAZARD Mercenaries Vs, BIOHAZARD The Mercenaries 3D, BIOHAZARD Operation Raccoon City, Umbrella Corps, and Project Resistance. All CG/live-action movies as well.
hobbes_182
GOBLIN6 Creator
GOBLIN6 Creator
GOBLIN6 IRC: hobbes_182
GOBLIN6 OBSRVR SYSTEM: Ps2 obsrvr

Resident Evil 3 remake

Post by hobbes_182 »

Resident Evil 3 is coming April 3rd 2020.

TRAILER

DEVELOPER MESSAGE

KEY ART LEAKED ON PLAYSTATION NETWORK

ANALYSIS >> Added 12.11.19 <<

Following the trailer, we see that Leon and Claire's adventure starts at 20:10. After showing us the timeline of events in Resident Evil 2, the clock then rewinds almost 24 hours, back to 20:07 of the previous day. Telling us that Jill's adventure will begin 1 day before the events in RE2 (Just like in the [now] classic version of RE3).

NEMESIS ENCOUNTER + RACCOON CITY

We are shown a first-person sequence where Nemesis is chasing Jill. He is shown in shadows, not fully revealing his face. The trailer also cuts away right as he is about to say "STAAAAAAAARS". This is an interesting sequence because the chase scenes involving Nemesis could (possibly) have us going into first-person view. Especially since the third person camera allowed us to easily avoid Mr. X in Resident Evil 2.

The overhead view of this street also appears to be where Jill escapes her building.

UBCS + STARS

We are shown glimpses of Brad Vickers (for those unfamiliar Brad is the helicopter pilot which abandons you in the Resident Evil 1 intro, thus, making you run into the mansion). He and Jill are arguing over "who" is after them, somehow, Brad fully knows what Nemesis is and his objective.

Nicholai and Mikhail also make an appearance. Nicholai is first shown in the shadows as well, Mikhail looks more fatherly compared to his original RE3 design.

Carlos and Tyrell appear to be heading down the steps next to the main RPD entrance (where you can find Claire's gun and Brad's poster in RE2). It appears that they are searching for the STARS office. Possibly making this a playable section and having Jill and Carlos meet in a different location compared to the alleyway in RE3 classic).

There is also what appears to be a new UBCS member, possibly a rookie who was injured early on.

JILLS APARTMENT

This shot shows us what seems to be Jill's apartment. As we can see on the wall, it appears that she has been gathering intel on Umbrella and their involvement in the Spencer Mansion and with Raccoon City itself.

This image is worth digging deeper into, we can see Annette Birkin from RE2 on the wall as well.

RACCOON CITY HOSPITAL + NEMESIS DEPLOYMENT

The final images show the Raccoon City hospital where Carlos ventures into in order to find help for Jill after she is injured in the main campaign. The environment seems extremely clean and sterile, giving it a huge opportunity to have it be one of the scariest sections in the game. There is also an opportunity to possibly see secret areas used exclusively by Umbrella for BOW research and experimentation.

That possible secret area could also be where Umbrella engineers are seen working on Nemesis before loading him into the helicopter.

Another interesting shot is his "heart-machine" or "chest-engine" (you read that here first). This could be used as a gameplay device where, if "revved-up", could cause Nemesis to become more aggressive towards the player.

RESIDENT EVIL 2 DLC? >> Added 12.12.19 <<

A new achievement has popped up for Resident Evil 2.

Titled “Chasing Jill – Read a letter left behind by Jill“. Could this mean a new playable section in Resident Evil 2. Also, could the image be a part of that DLC? Could the wounds on Kendo have been caused by his infected daughter?

LETTER FROM JILL >> Added 12.12.19 << >> ADDENDUM <<

In order to avoid spoilers, I'll keep the descriptions brief.

You need to play as Leon in order to find the letter from Jill. The letter is brief, but if my theory is correct, it could shed light on a particular scene from the reveal trailer which I did not mention before. Not to mention, it is extremely similar to Kendo's objective from "No time to Mourn" from the Ghost Survivors.

NEMESIS CAN BE HEARD IN THE RE2 RPD DEMO >> Added 12.13.19 <<

Capcom has released the RPD Demo, which, is the previously released “One shot demo” minus the 30-minute time limit.

Fans playing the demo have been able to hear Nemesis’ iconic “STAAAAAARS” growl outside the RPD.

PLAYSTATION MAGAZINE UK FEATURE >> Added 01.09.20 <<

PlayStation Magazine UK had a feature on Resident Evil 3. Below are noteworthy bullet points featured in the article.
  • Just like Resident Evil 2, Resident Evil 3 will be a re-imagining keeping the same style and flavor as REmake 2.
  • The Raccoon City streets will be explorable, although with limitations.
  • Nemesis' AI is based off of Mr X., however, Nemesis will be much more aggressive.
  • Similar to the Resident Evil 2 remake, Resident Evil 3 will have a huge emphasis on sound.
  • The Raccoon City streets will play homage to the classic Resident Evil 3 locations. The Raccoon City Hospital, Raccoon City Press and Stagla Gas Station have been confirmed.
  • As with previous Resident Evil entries, photogammetry has been used for the creation of 3D assets. Nemesis included.
  • As in the original games, Resident Evil 2 and Resident Evil 3 are interconnected. Hence, there will be elements which reflect the events from one game to another.
  • Carlos will be fully playable during the campaign. It is unknown if he will be playable during the hospital section (as in the original Resident Evil 3), or if it will be a new section. Capcom has stated that it will be "interesting" to fans.
  • Capcom has confirmed the Resident Evil 3 will have only one ending.
  • The Mercenaries has been dropped in favor of Resident Evil Resistance.
Capcom has stated that as of this article, development on Resident Evil 3 is about 90% complete. They also state that the game should release on schedule for April 3rd 2020.

NEMESIS TRAILER >> Added 01.14.20 <<

DENGEKI ONLINE GAMEPLAY SHOWCASE >> Added 02.25.20 <<

RESIDENT EVIL 3 DEMO
Capcom has also confirmed that an official demo for Resident Evil 3 will be coming "soon".

CAPCOM UK GAMEPLAY SHOWCASE >> Added 03.05.20 <<
Katastrophe Twitch showcase - Resident Evil 3
^^ The original video does not exist anymore, it has been removed from Twitch ^^

CAPCOMTV RESIDENT EVIL 3 SHOWCASE [JAPANESE]
>> I removed this video from the timeline, since CapcomTV has flagged the video as 'private' on YouTube <<

OFFICIAL XBOX MAGAZINE COVERAGE >> Added 03.06.20 <<

The latest issue of Official XBOX Magazine features a few minor spoilers on the latest updates for Resident Evil 3.

This is highly collectible for fans who like printed Resident Evil media.

You can read a small interview with Peter Fabiano here.

RESIDENT EVIL 3 DEMO ANNOUNCEMENT >> Added 03.16.20 <<

The demo for Resident Evil 3 will arrive March 19th 2020 on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Steam. The Resident Evil Resistance open beta will launch March 27th 2020.

RESIDENT EVIL - RACCOON CITY INCIDENT REPORT >> Added 03.18.20 <<

Capcom has released a video recapping all of the events leading up to the Resident Evil 3 remake.

RESIDENT EVIL 3 DEMO LAUNCH >> Added 03.19.20 <<

As promised, Capcom released the Resident Evil 3 demo.

RESIDENT EVIL 3 JILL TRAILER >> Added 03.27.20 <<

RESIDENT EVIL 3 LAUNCH TRAILER >> Added 04.03.20 <<
hobbes_182
GOBLIN6 Creator
GOBLIN6 Creator

Re: Resident Evil 3 remake

Post by hobbes_182 »

Oh man! I literally just finished playing the demo.

Without going into spoilers, this was a tight demo. I actually enjoyed it more than the RE2 remake demo. Plus, the fact that the demo is not timed, and, you can replay it multiple times are two huge wins for fans.

Here are a few notes from my play-through:
  • The controls actually felt more refined than the RE2 controls
  • The dodge mechanic was implemented extremely well, MUCH better than the original dodge on the PS1
  • The Raccoon City streets seemed alive and full of atmosphere
  • Jill's new attitude seems like a normal development considering the events of Resident Evil 1
I also took screenshots of the game-play for anyone curious, you can find the album here.

SCREENSHOT PREVIEW
hobbes_182
GOBLIN6 Creator
GOBLIN6 Creator

Post by hobbes_182 »

Turns out Capcom just keeps on giving.

They have also released RESIDENT EVIL 3 ALBUM PREVIEW on Spotify (US). The EP contains 4 tracks:
  • Escape
  • Desperate Ascent
  • Battle Against the Beast
  • Free From Fear
These are the tracks that played during the demo. It was a nice surprise hearing Free From Fear playing as you entered the kitchen. Not to mention, the Resident Evil 2 special end theme over the speakers.

RESIDENT EVIL 3 ALBUM PREVIEW
hobbes_182
GOBLIN6 Creator
GOBLIN6 Creator

Post by hobbes_182 »

Just saw the latest "Resident Evil 3 Jill Trailer".

Oh man this one was weird, it sort of felt rushed, especially with the game play sections. Those looked a bit rough.

Not to mention, that HUGE spoiler towards the end.

hobbes_182
GOBLIN6 Creator
GOBLIN6 Creator

Post by hobbes_182 »

All right dudes here we go!

Resident Evil 3 has finally launched! Feel free to post your progress here, don't forget to use the SPOILER tag for all of those sensitive moments 8-)

Raccoon City here we come baby!
hobbes_182
GOBLIN6 Creator
GOBLIN6 Creator

Post by hobbes_182 »

I'll be honest, this one is extremely MIXED for me.

I knew that RE3 would play similar to RE2, I was surprised with the controls feeling a bit "looser" than RE2. Which fits really well with Jill's frantic gameplay.

We did upload our blind play-through, this is our final session in 720p.

RESIDENT EVIL 3 PLAYTHROUGH

BREAKDOWN

The Nemesis reveal was right on the money baby. It was shocking and sudden, which set the tone perfectly for the first couple of Nemesis encounters.

Jill's attitude was also something I LOVED from the demo and it was exciting to see her react to different situations throughout the game. Her "bitchy" demeanor was a perfect fit for her trauma from Resident Evil 1. Which was also accentuated by her not willing to trust anyone straight-up form the get-go. Again, due to the "traitor" from the original Resident Evil.

THE TRAIN

I never really hated the train section in the original RE3, but it was just slightly annoying. Mikhail and the rest of the UBCS squad (Carlos included), felt like throw-away characters.

They were much MUCH better in the remake, especially Mikhail. We all knew how his story from the game would play out, but even so, he was so likable that it did hurt to lose him.

THE RPD

The change-up in the RPD section was a pleasant surprise for me. We got to see a classic scene from RE3 mixed with RE2, something that was very welcomed. A lot of fans were disappointed that Jill was not playable in this section. But I enjoyed playing as this re-imagined version of Carlos so much that getting to play more of him was fantastic.

THE SPOILED BOSS FIGHT

Leading up to the release of RE3, Capcom dropped one of their worst trailers ever (in my opinion). This boss fight would have gone down as one of the biggest surprises in the game had the powers that be not had ruined it.

When I first saw that moment I actually thought it was the final boss reveal.

As a HUGE Resident Evil Outbreak fan, it was great to see new sections of the re-imagined Raccoon City. This section which leads to the Clock Tower was one of my favorite areas. For a brief second, it reminded me of the Outbreak aesthetic.

ENDGAME

NEST 2 is currently one of my favorite areas in both remakes. I was never really a fan of the Raccoon City Park or The Dead Factory.

Connecting this final section to Umbrella's new look was also a breath of fresh air. Damn, this section had me dragging my sorry ass in Danger throughout the majority of my time here.

Here is where my disappointment comes in.

Overall, Resident Evil 3 is a solid game. Rock-solid in fact, it builds upon the updated features which were introduced in the Resident Evil 2 remake and brings them up to another level.

But, just as the original RE3, to me the entire experience feels like a short side-mission. Plus, Nemesis felt like an absolute beast in the original game's Hard Mode. Here, the events are scripted and lower in intensity after you leave the train.

I was excited to get into Raccoon City again for (probably) the last time, it was bittersweet no doubt.

But the short length just kills me.

I know I will have to play this one multiple times to be able to give a solid verdict on this one.

But as of right now, it is disappointing.

>> ADDENDUM <<
CLASSIC RESIDENT EVIL 3 PLAYTHROUGH