[RAID MODE] - 02.20 - Sonic the Hedgehog 2

We host a monthly game-club which we lovingly call RAID MODE. Drop by and play some classic (and not so classic) gems.
hobbes_182
GOBLIN6 Creator
GOBLIN6 Creator
GOBLIN6 IRC: hobbes_182
GOBLIN6 OBSRVR SYSTEM: Ps2 obsrvr

[RAID MODE] - 02.20 - Sonic the Hedgehog 2

Post by hobbes_182 »

INFORMATION

It's my birthday!

As such, we're playing Sonic the Hedgehog 2 for month three of GOBLIN6 RAID MODE. The Sega Genesis was my first game console, which just happened to have Sonic 2 packed in with it. As such, I spent countless hours with this stone-cold classic.

I haven't played this since it was released as a SEGA classic on the XBOX 360.

Here we go baby!

From the Wikipedia:
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 is a platform game developed and published by Sega for the Sega Genesis console, released worldwide in November 1992. It is the second main entry in the Sonic the Hedgehog series, and introduced Sonic's sidekick, Miles "Tails" Prower, controllable by a second player. In the story, Sonic and Tails must stop series antagonist Dr. Ivo Robotnik from stealing the Chaos Emeralds to power his space station, the Death Egg.

Development of the game began in November 1991. The game was developed by both Japanese and American staff at Sega Technical Institute. Art director Tim Skelly designed the appearance of the new 3D special stages based on a tech demo created by Yuji Naka. The staff increased the speed of Sonic the Hedgehog 2 in comparison to its predecessor. As with the first game, the soundtrack was composed by Masato Nakamura.
PLATFORMS

Fortunately, Sonic 2 is available on every platform under the sun. You can find it on most consoles, as well as your mobile device.

LINKS

Sonic HQ is an awesome resource for fans of the series, they even have their own forum [forums rule BTW]! You can also browse their extensive collection of Sonic the Hedgehog music as well.

Sonic Stadium is another fantastic fansite for all Sonic news.

TIME TO BEAT
Sonic the Hedgehog 2 game-play stats

THE MAKING OF SONIC THE HEDGEHOG 2