[RAID MODE] - 04.20 - Herc's Adventures

We host a monthly game-club which we lovingly call RAID MODE. Drop by and play some classic (and not so classic) gems.
hobbes_182
GOBLIN6 Creator
GOBLIN6 Creator
GOBLIN6 IRC: hobbes_182
GOBLIN6 OBSRVR SYSTEM: Ps2 obsrvr

[RAID MODE] - 04.20 - Herc's Adventures

Post by hobbes_182 »

INFORMATION

This is not an April Fools joke, our next official RAID MODE game is Herc's Adventures.

I'll be completely honest, I have never played this game before. The only reason why I know of this game's existence is because one of my buddies keeps bringing it up every couple of months.

This better be good.

DigitalGeth, this one's for you player. You owe me.

From the Wikipedia:
Herc's Adventures is a video game released for the PlayStation and the Sega Saturn by LucasArts in 1997. The overhead, action-adventure format is similar to Zombies Ate My Neighbors. Up to two players each take on the role of one of three ancient Greek heroes: Herc (Hercules), Atlanta (Atalanta), or Jason, who are on a quest to defeat Hades and save the goddess of nature, Persephone. In 2014, it was released for PSN in North America.

Herc's Adventures was originally announced as a Sega Saturn exclusive with a release date of December 1996, but delays pushed its release back to July 1997. The PlayStation version was released internationally, while the Saturn version was exclusive to North America. Virgin Interactive had planned to release the Saturn version in Europe in September 1997, but it was dropped from the release schedule as part of Virgin's withdrawal of support for the Saturn.
PLATFORMS

I'll be playing this on my trusty PlayStation 1, I think I'll break out the small PSOne for this one.

You can get this from the North American PSN Store.

LINKS

Once again, sadly this "gem" does not have a fansite out there.

As usual, if anyone knows of any site showing love for Herc's Adventures please let me know.

TIME TO BEAT
Herc's Adventures game-play stats

HERC'S ADVENTURES REVIEW - THE GAME SHOW