[RAID MODE] - 03.20 - Fear Effect

We host a monthly game-club which we lovingly call RAID MODE. Drop by and play some classic (and not so classic) gems.
hobbes_182
GOBLIN6 Creator
GOBLIN6 Creator
GOBLIN6 IRC: hobbes_182
GOBLIN6 OBSRVR SYSTEM: Ps2 obsrvr

[RAID MODE] - 03.20 - Fear Effect

Post by hobbes_182 »

INFORMATION

March is here!

So I decided to choose a game that might cause some heavy drinking due to it's learning curve.

So here we go, Fear Effect on the PSOne. Survival Horror tank controls + gunplay action.

I'm actually nervous about this one 8-)

From the Wikipedia:
Fear Effect is an action-adventure game developed by Kronos Digital Entertainment and published by Eidos Interactive for the PlayStation. A prequel was released one year later entitled Fear Effect 2: Retro Helix. A remake, Fear Effect Reinvented, was announced on August 21, 2017.

Fear Effect features gameplay with unshaded characters textured to resemble cel-shading, notably being one of the very first games to utilize the technique. Rather than using pre-rendered 2D backgrounds, the environments are composed of streaming or looping full-motion video. As a consequence, the game is composed of four discs. There are also puzzles interspersed between action sequences, similar to other games of the survival horror genre.

The player controls one of three mercenaries (either Hana, Deke, or Glas) through areas filled with human and non-human enemies. The game controls are similar to traditional survival horror tank controls, with an exception being that the characters can run and shoot simultaneously. When wielding two guns (one in each hand), they are also able to shoot multiple enemies at the same time. Another feature is the ability to duck and roll; while facing a number of the armed foes, the player can roll a short distance and avoid taking enemy fire.
PLATFORMS

I think I'm going to play this on my PHAT PS2 ^_^

I did not manage to find this one on PSN, as usual, you can find this "around" if you look hard enough.

LINKS

Unfortunately, I did not manage to find a single Fear Effect fansite (thanks internet).

If someone knows of a good Fear Effect fansite, please let me know so I can link to it here.

TIME TO BEAT
Fear Effect game-play stats

ST1KA'S RETRO CORNER - FEAR EFFECT