[RAID MODE] - 06.20 - Ecco the Dolphin

We host a monthly game-club which we lovingly call RAID MODE. Drop by and play some classic (and not so classic) gems.
hobbes_182
GOBLIN6 Creator
GOBLIN6 Creator
GOBLIN6 IRC: hobbes_182
GOBLIN6 OBSRVR SYSTEM: Ps2 obsrvr

[RAID MODE] - 06.20 - Ecco the Dolphin

Post by hobbes_182 »

INFORMATION

As Summer fully kicks in, I thought a Summer based theme would be cool.

So we are playing Ecco the Dolphin this month. This is a weird one, but a good one. I might break out my Pink Floyd records this month as well.

From the Wikipedia:
Ecco the Dolphin is a series of action-adventure video games developed by Appaloosa Interactive (previously known as Novotrade International) and published by Sega. They were originally developed for the Mega Drive/Genesis and Dreamcast video game consoles, and have been ported to numerous systems. The story follows the eponymous Ecco, a bottlenose dolphin, who fights extraterrestrial threats to the world. The games are known for their high difficulty level. Ecco was created by Ed Annunziata,[3] who also produced Chakan: The Forever Man.
PLATFORMS

Ecco was originally released on both the Sega Genesis and Sega CD. I'll be playing on the Sega CD since it has better audio.

For some strange reason, Ecco was pulled from Google Play and the App Store.

You can find Ecco the Dolphin here:
LINKS

Although now gone, you can check out Caverns of Hope [via the way back machine].

You can keep up with the team of Caverns on their Twitter account.

TIME TO BEAT
Ecco the Dolphin game-play stats

THE MAKING OF ECCO THE DOLPHIN - STRAFEFOX