[RAID MODE] - 07.20 - Half Life

We host a monthly game-club which we lovingly call RAID MODE. Drop by and play some classic (and not so classic) gems.
hobbes_182
GOBLIN6 Creator
GOBLIN6 Creator
GOBLIN6 IRC: hobbes_182
GOBLIN6 OBSRVR SYSTEM: Ps2 obsrvr

[RAID MODE] - 07.20 - Half Life

Post by hobbes_182 »

INFORMATION

It's America's birthday!

What's more American than firing guns? Playing First Person Shooters of course. This is one of the most influential titles in the genre, enjoy the history lesson.

From the Wikipedia:
Half-Life is a first-person shooter game developed by Valve and published by Sierra Studios for Windows in 1998. It was Valve's debut product and the first game in the Half-Life series. Players assume the role of Gordon Freeman, a scientist who must find his way out of the Black Mesa Research Facility after an experiment with an alien material goes wrong. The core gameplay consists of fighting alien and human enemies with a variety of weapons and solving puzzles. Unlike many other games at the time, the player has almost complete uninterrupted control of Freeman, and the story is told mostly through scripted sequences seen through his eyes.
PLATFORMS

Half-Life is the reason why I switched over to PC gaming. I downloaded it because [back then] Valve was giving away the game for free on Steam. Funny how this was my first Steam game download, yet 100+ downloads later, I have never booted it up.

You can find the game extremely affordable on Steam. This game is over 20 years old, so it will run beautifully on any PC.
LINKS

LambdaGeneration is probably one of the most detailed fansite I have ever seen.

The site features news, community creations, mods, and multimedia.

Dive in peeps.

TIME TO BEAT
Half Life game-play stats

UNFORSEEN CONSEQUENCES - NOCLIP