[RAID MODE] - 08.20 - Final Fantasy Tactics

We host a monthly game-club which we lovingly call RAID MODE. Drop by and play some classic (and not so classic) gems.
hobbes_182
GOBLIN6 Creator
GOBLIN6 Creator
GOBLIN6 IRC: hobbes_182
GOBLIN6 OBSRVR SYSTEM: Ps2 obsrvr

[RAID MODE] - 08.20 - Final Fantasy Tactics

Post by hobbes_182 »

INFORMATION

Since Summer is pretty much winding down, I thought it might be a good idea to delve into our first tried-and-true RPG heavyweight series here on the Forum.

I did go with the obvious choice: Final Fantasy.

I also tried to pick a Final Fantasy which could [hopefully] bring new players to the series. So I went with Tactics, especially considering the fact that turn-based combat usually turns most players off of RPGs.

From the Wikipedia:
Final Fantasy Tactics is a tactical role-playing game developed and published by Squaresoft (later changed to Square and now Square Enix) for the Sony PlayStation video game console. It is the first game of the Final Fantasy Tactics series and was released in Japan in June 1997 and in the United States in January 1998. The game combines thematic elements of the Final Fantasy video game series with a game engine and battle system unlike those previously seen in the franchise. In contrast to other 32-bit era Final Fantasy titles, Final Fantasy Tactics uses a 3D, isometric, rotatable playing field, with bitmap sprite characters.
PLATFORMS

I'll be playing this one on the PlayStation, this title is also available on the Sony PSP, Nintendo GameBoy Advance and Mobile as well.
LINKS

This month we do have a few links. All of these fansites have forums as well. I will ALWAYS highlight fansites that have their dedicated forums, I love that nerdy shit.
TIME TO BEAT
Final Fantasy Tactics game-play stats

THE HISTORY OF FINAL FANTASY TACTICS