[RAID MODE] - 03.21 - P.O.W.

We host a monthly game-club which we lovingly call RAID MODE. Drop by and play some classic (and not so classic) gems.
hobbes_182
GOBLIN6 Creator
GOBLIN6 Creator
GOBLIN6 IRC: hobbes_182
GOBLIN6 OBSRVR SYSTEM: Ps2 obsrvr

[RAID MODE] - 03.21 - P.O.W.

Post by hobbes_182 »

INFORMATION

As month three of 2021 starts creeping in, it almost feels like we are finally escaping the horrible winter weather which has affected many areas of the globe.

So I figured, why not play a game where you escape from war.

Hence: P.O.W. for the Neo-Geo

From the Wikipedia:
P.O.W. is a side-scrolling, beat 'em up game, which were typical during the time that it was created. The game can be played by up to two players simultaneously. Player 1 controls a prisoner dressed in blue, while Player 2 controls a palette swap of the same character dressed in red. The objective is to escape from the enemy's base by fighting one's way through four stages filled with numerous types of enemy soldiers trying to impede the player's escape.

The stages consist of a POW camp, a warehouse, a jungle, and the enemy's base. Occasionally the enemy will attack the player with vehicles such as an assault chopper, an armored truck or motorcycles. At the end of the final stage, the player confronts an enemy general before contacting the extraction chopper to pick him up and proceeding his way to the final escape sequence..

PLATFORMS

Neo-Geo baby! Although, you can fins this game in many SNK compilations released on different consoles.

LINKS

For those sad souls who have no idea what the Neo-Geo is:

TIME TO BEAT
P.O.W. gameplay stats

NEO-GEO COLLECTING GUIDE - METAL JESUS
hobbes_182
GOBLIN6 Creator
GOBLIN6 Creator

Re: [RAID MODE] - 03.21 - P.O.W.

Post by hobbes_182 »

Damn this game is hard.

I had sat down las night to power through this, you will probably die within less than a minute of starting no joke.

And I don't mean you will lose your first life. I mean it will be your first continue.

I was pretty close to beating this on the arcade once. Luckily the machine had free play enabled because damn this is challenging.

SCREENSHOTS

Oh, and the reason I did not beat this was because after level 1, I died and the continue screen came up, I looked over to check the time (it was passed midnight) and the timer literally ran out on me.

:oops:
hobbes_182
GOBLIN6 Creator
GOBLIN6 Creator

Re: [RAID MODE] - 03.21 - P.O.W.

Post by hobbes_182 »

I managed to beat my third RAID MODE game!

Holy Shit!

Damn this game really kick your ass, not because it's hard. But because the characters are damn punching bags that take like 10 hits to go down. I was actually going to jump online and play some Resident Evil Resistance after this, but my hand actually hurts from pressing the punch button so many times.

One of the major things that sucked was that all enemies basically look the same, with the difference being that some of them a "super charged" which means they take twice as long to beat.

This is honestly not a good game, but I chose it because many, many years ago I remember seeing this at a local mom and pops shop. So the intrigue never really left.

Oh well, finally done. :D