[RAID MODE] - 04.21 - Bucky O'Hare

We host a monthly game-club which we lovingly call RAID MODE. Drop by and play some classic (and not so classic) gems.
hobbes_182
GOBLIN6 Creator
GOBLIN6 Creator
GOBLIN6 IRC: hobbes_182
GOBLIN6 OBSRVR SYSTEM: Ps2 obsrvr

[RAID MODE] - 04.21 - Bucky O'Hare

Post by hobbes_182 »

INFORMATION

I started thinking about games which I have never played, somehow I remembered Bucky O'Hare. Well, I remembered the toys and the TV show, it turns out that Buck had two released games which not only look great, but apparently are extremely fun to play.

This month will be different in that manner, you are free to play the NES version, or if you prefer, the Arcade version.

I'll be playing the Arcade version, I'm a sucker for bright, giant sprite-work.

From the Wikipedia:
Bucky O'Hare is a fictional character and the hero of an eponymous comic book series as well as spin-off media including an animated TV series and various toys and video games. He was created by comic book writer Larry Hama and comic book artist Michael Golden between 1977 and 1978 and debuted to the public in Echo of Futurepast #1 in May 1984.

The storyline of Bucky O'Hare follows a parallel universe where a war is ongoing between the inept United Animals Federation and the sinister Toad Empire. The United Animals Federation is an interplanetary republic run by sapient mammals, while The Toad Empire is controlled by a vast computer system known as KOMPLEX, which has led the highly consumerist toad population to fight an expansionist campaign against the rest of the galaxy.

PLATFORMS

Feel free to play this on the original Nintendo Entertainment System, or if you prefer MAME.

LINKS

Holy shit! I actually managed to find an active Bucky O'Hare fan-site. They have a ton of info on the entire series, action figures and related media.

TIME TO BEAT BUCKY O'HARE NES REVIEW - SNES DRUNK

BUCKY O'HARE ARCADE REVIEW - LJN DEFENDER
hobbes_182
GOBLIN6 Creator
GOBLIN6 Creator
GOBLIN6 IRC: hobbes_182
GOBLIN6 OBSRVR SYSTEM: Ps2 obsrvr

Re: [RAID MODE] - 04.21 - Bucky O'Hare

Post by hobbes_182 »

Cutting it pretty close this month. But I did manage to play (and finish) Buck O'hare on the arcade.

This was a lot of fun, but man I need to figure out how to play these arcade games with my buddies online. To either stream or just for these monthly screenshots.

Anyway, I highly recommend this version, I have heard that the NES version is also great, a la Megaman.

I'm feeling in the mood for some Nintendo 64 for the next game.

Let's see what I can dig up :geek: