[RAID MODE] - 05.21 + 06.21 - Perfect Dark

We host a monthly game-club which we lovingly call RAID MODE. Drop by and play some classic (and not so classic) gems.
hobbes_182
GOBLIN6 Creator
GOBLIN6 Creator
GOBLIN6 IRC: hobbes_182
GOBLIN6 OBSRVR SYSTEM: Ps2 obsrvr

[RAID MODE] - 05.21 + 06.21 - Perfect Dark

Post by hobbes_182 »

So as Resident Evil Village has been released this month, I have decided to extend the Perfect Dark for another month. I think I will do this moving forward every time a new Resident Evil title is released. Enjoy Perfect Dark for the month of May and June!

INFORMATION

So this is the month that Resident Evil Village finally drops.

After playing the demos, I am quite satisfied that I will have an amazing experience. This got me thinking: which other FPS REALLY made me feel that level of excitement?

Then I remembered: Holy Shit! Perfect Dark on the Nintendo 64!

I played this to death with 2 buddies. But I honestly do not remember beating it. We played the crap out of multiplayer. So it's time to dust this one off.

For some reason, I feel this will be a perfect (no pun intended) double-feature alongside Resident Evil Village.

From the Wikipedia:
Perfect Dark is a first-person shooter developed and published by Rare and released for the Nintendo 64 video game console in 2000. It is the first game of the Perfect Dark series and follows Joanna Dark, an agent of the Carrington Institute research centre, as she attempts to stop an extraterrestrial conspiracy by rival corporation dataDyne. The game features a campaign mode where a single player must complete a series of levels under certain difficulty settings to progress through the story. It also features a range of multiplayer options, including a co-operative mode and traditional deathmatch settings with computer-controlled bots.

As a spiritual successor to Rare's 1997 first-person shooter GoldenEye 007, Perfect Dark shares many features with its predecessor and runs on an upgraded version of its engine. GoldenEye 007 director Martin Hollis led the game's production for the first 14 months of its near three-year development cycle before he left Rare to pursue other interests. The game is technically one of the most advanced titles for the Nintendo 64 and requires an Expansion Pak to access the campaign mode and most of the multiplayer features. Shortly before the game's release, a feature that would have allowed players to place a photograph of their choice onto the face of their multiplayer character was cut due to sensitive issues surrounding the ability for players to attack images of real people.

PLATFORMS

There is a XBOX 360 remake, I have honestly never played that one. I'll be rocking this on the Nintendo 64.

LINKS

The ONLY Perfect Dark site you will ever need:

TIME TO BEAT RARE REVEALED - PEFECT DARK
This video features the original team talking about the N64 version.