hobbes_182
GOBLIN6 Creator
GOBLIN6 Creator
GOBLIN6 IRC: hobbes_182
GOBLIN6 OBSRVR SYSTEM: Ps2 obsrvr

Batman The Telltale Series

Post by hobbes_182 »

I love the Steam Controller.

You know that saying "Don't judge a book by it's cover"? Well I do. If something looks fucking awesome, I get it.

Hence, the Steam Controller and the Steam Link are part of my gaming collection.

The Steam controller has been sitting on my desk forever. I have tried it with multiple games, and it does work, perfectly even. But games like Left for Dead would make me extremely slow using a controller. So I thought: what could be a good game for me to use this on?

Then it came to me: The Telltale Games.

I have The Wolf Among Us in my PlayStation 3 collection, so I remembered they also made a Batman game.

Here. We. Go.

STEAM CONTROLLER

BATMAN THE TELLTALE SERIES

This game comes highly recommended, although, for anyone who has not played a Telltale game before the entire game is basically a collection of quick-time events. Where you have to choose your actions accordingly, be it in a battle on in simple conversation.

The story is incredibly well written. I just finished a scene where Carmine Falcone came to a party in Wayne Manor and tried to treat my man Bruce Wayne like a punk. I quickly kicked him out and told him to eat shit. I bet he's gonna be a pain in the ass for the remainder of the story.

My only complaint is that when the game transitions from one camera angle to another, there is a 1 second delay, but it is more noticeable here because of the action scenes. The Wolf Among Us did not have this issue, but that game is basically a detective story.

It does seem to take inspiration from Batman Year One, as Gordon and Batman are not allies yet. The GCPD and criminals think Batman is a myth. Plus, Harvey Dent is not Two-Face yet. Which could be taking inspiration from Batman The Long Halloween.
hobbes_182
GOBLIN6 Creator
GOBLIN6 Creator

Re: Batman The Telltale Series

Post by hobbes_182 »

So I managed to make some time to get some more Batman action.

I actually ended up finishing the first chapter.

Man this game is really good. So besides the quick-time events of the story, there are actually sections where you can move Batman in 3D space throughout the environment. Plus, you get to use your gadgets to basically go into a lite version of Detective Mode.

In Detective Mode you are using your brain to solve riddles and make sense of crime-scenes.

DAY 2 PROGRESS

The coolest thing about how the game opened up is that you get to choose weather to scare the bad guys or to beat them to death in order to scare them.

Damn, my Batman makes Ben Affleck's Batman look weak 8-)

WHO IS THE (BAT)MAN

hobbes_182
GOBLIN6 Creator
GOBLIN6 Creator

Post by hobbes_182 »

Just finished Chapter 2.

Oh man, this is where the story really goes into some real shit.

There are like 20 different moments where I was like "oh shit!"

I'd love to go into more detail, but that would be spoiling stuff. I also cut down on the images I'm posting, I deleted all of the images which would spoil the story.

DAY 3 PROGRESS

Starting the next chapter now. This is a really good Batman story.
hobbes_182
GOBLIN6 Creator
GOBLIN6 Creator

Post by hobbes_182 »

Finally got through Chapter 3.

Damn, it's getting harder to write about progress because there are a lot of moments that could spoil the story for anyone that hasn't played the game yet.

Anyways, be careful who you trust in the story...

DAY 4 PROGRESS

Starting Chapter 4 tonight :geek:
hobbes_182
GOBLIN6 Creator
GOBLIN6 Creator

Post by hobbes_182 »

Well Day 5 was finally completed 14 months later.

Damn I need to start keeping up with my offline gaming.

The final chapter actually went by in a breeze.

DAY 5 PROGRESS

There seems to be no real unlockable after you beat the game. My game came with a "Shadows Mode" as well.

As far as I can tell, it is the main story with a black and white presentation. If so, then I'll most likely uninstall this one from my rig.

Compared to Arkham Origins, that other game does have DLC and much more to do in Gotham once you complete the main story.

I'll get back to that further down the line.

Don't want to leave any games hanging in my backlog anymore. Gonna go back to Front Mission 3.

>> PLAYTHROUGH COMPLETE <<