hobbes_182
GOBLIN6 Creator
GOBLIN6 Creator
GOBLIN6 IRC: hobbes_182
GOBLIN6 OBSRVR SYSTEM: Ps2 obsrvr

Stories Untold

Post by hobbes_182 »

Holy shit!

I just played the first hour of Stories Untold. Although I am currently playing Batman Arkham Origins, Stories Untold was a bit cheap on Steam.

I had seen the original trailer a few years back, just never managed to pick it up.

Once the game was purchased, I checked how long it takes to beat the game. Apparently it's just under 3 hours. Fuck yeah. Not to mention I just re-watched Stranger Things since I was feeling the 1980s vibe. Untold Stories is definitely inspired by that aesthetic. 1980s nostalgia with a splash of Synthwave. Fuck me.

The game is basically a text adventure experiment. Honestly, I have never played a text adventure (they were way before my time). But as an avid gamer, I definitely knew of their history and legacy.

Without spoiling too much, the game is basically divided into 4 short stories which apparently connect together.

As usual, Ill be posting my progress as I play through the game.

One word of warning though: you HAVE to play this in the dark with headphones on.

Damn this game is slick.

STORIES UNTOLD TRAILER

DAY ONE SCREENSHOTS

LINKS
JiveMonkey
Zombie
Zombie
GOBLIN6 OBSRVR SYSTEM: Emu obsrvr

Re: Stories Untold

Post by JiveMonkey »

Just watched the trailer. Looks legit. Felt the suspense right away. I'll scoop.
hobbes_182
GOBLIN6 Creator
GOBLIN6 Creator
GOBLIN6 IRC: hobbes_182
GOBLIN6 OBSRVR SYSTEM: Ps2 obsrvr

Re: Stories Untold

Post by hobbes_182 »

JiveMonkey wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:27 pm Just watched the trailer. Looks legit. Felt the suspense right away. I'll scoop.

Dude I sat down to "just play one quick chapter" and ended up beating the game :D

Overall this was an excellent playthrough. The issue is that some of the clues really make you think, which is something that apparently pissed off a lot of gamers.

Great brain teasers though.

GOBLIN6 approved.