Site News
hobbes_182
GOBLIN6 Creator
GOBLIN6 Creator
GOBLIN6 IRC: hobbes_182
GOBLIN6 OBSRVR SYSTEM: Ps2 obsrvr

GOBLIN6 - Year Seven

Post by hobbes_182 »

Damn, it's been seven years since I clicked on the "launch" button which made the site and forum live.

Usually each year brings new features to the site, this past year was a bit of a "break" for me as I took time to step back and look at GOBLIN6 as a whole.

It was February (and August) when I started noticing the the frequent visits and re-loads of the site. Two thirds were legit visits, however, there were spam accounts posting on the forum and commenting on the main site.

I did spend probably a good 2 weeks before the original launch of the site looking at security and spam counter measures. I have always seen sites and forums lock their user registration when anything like this happens. This sucks as I know the feeling of stumbling on a new site, getting all excited to sign-up and join that community only to find the train already left and my dumbass was too late to the party.

So that is one of the main priorities I have always put on GOBLIN6. As the only person working on the sites, I know that updates are few and far between. But I have also realized that keeping a site clean and fully functional is just as important (if not more) as updating it.

This has also taught me to keep a better eye on the site, which was a great lesson to learn.

One day at a time, as it should be.

Updates are coming to the wiki and main site as well. There were a few features I was on the fence about before, but I think they would add greatly to the site.

The only thing I am still a bit hesitant is to keep up with scoops, that might change once info on the next Resident Evil drops.

As always, any official info coming out will be covered.

(Damn I can't believe I've been doing this for seven years. Shit.)

Here's to seven more baby.

Stay beautiful!