The hunt for Resident Evil 1.5

Discussion for BIOHAZARD 0, BIOHAZARD 1 Remake and Classic, BIOHAZARD 2 Classic, BIOHAZARD 3 Classic, BIOHAZARD Code Veronica, BIOHAZARD Dead Aim, BIOHAZARD Gaiden, BIOHAZARD Survivor, BIOHAZARD Survivor 2, BIOHAZARD Outbreak and BIOHAZARD Outbreak File 2. All Classic Mobile Titles as well.
hobbes_182
GOBLIN6 Creator
GOBLIN6 Creator
GOBLIN6 IRC: hobbes_182
GOBLIN6 OBSRVR SYSTEM: Ps2 obsrvr

The hunt for Resident Evil 1.5

Post by hobbes_182 »

Here's an amazing read regarding the history of 1.5 from eurogamer.

EUROGAMER
From what I could gather from my research, I could see how extremely elusive that disc was. What I didn't know, was how it managed to divide such a large section of the RE community. Bioflames was an excellent resource for checking out some awesome screenshots, especially back in the early 2000s.

BIOFLAMES
I recently got the bug to dig up the playable versions available, the last I heard Team IGAS was looking to put a playable version of the 80% version. I also remember hearing there was a "vanilla" version which is the 40% build.

Hopefully, these are pretty easy to obtain. Good thing I have a modded PSOne so I can try them on actual hardware.

UPDATE It seems that the original bioflames site has been taken offline since 2019. I managed to save a few of t heir images before that. I have posted them in the gallery.

You can view them here.
hobbes_182
GOBLIN6 Creator
GOBLIN6 Creator
GOBLIN6 IRC: hobbes_182
GOBLIN6 OBSRVR SYSTEM: Ps2 obsrvr

Re: The hunt for Resident Evil 1.5

Post by hobbes_182 »

My man Whang!, which is one of my favorite YouTube channels has two pretty cool videos re: Resident Evil 1.5.

I forgot to post this when I first saw it, enjoy!

Finding the Lost Resident Evil 2 - Gaming Mysteries - Whang!

Resident Evil 1.5 Gameplay - Whang!