Resident Evil 4 remake

Discussion for BIOHAZARD 2 Remake, BIOHAZARD 3 Remake, BIOHAZARD 4 Classic and Remake, BIOHAZARD 5, BIOHAZARD 6, BIOHAZARD 7, BIOHAZARD Village, BIOHAZARD The Umbrella Chronicles, BIOHAZARD The Darkside Chronicles, BIOHAZARD Revelations, BIOHAZARD Revelations 2, BIOHAZARD Mercenaries Vs, BIOHAZARD The Mercenaries 3D, BIOHAZARD Operation Raccoon City, Umbrella Corps, and Project Resistance. All CG/live-action movies as well.
hobbes_182
GOBLIN6 Creator
GOBLIN6 Creator
GOBLIN6 IRC: hobbes_182
GOBLIN6 OBSRVR SYSTEM: Ps2 obsrvr

Resident Evil 4 remake

Post by hobbes_182 »

It's been an interesting couple of days in the world of Resident Evil 4. There have been articles popping up stating that M-TWO Inc. who helped on the recent Resident Evil 3 remake will be handling Capcom's next remake.

At first, multiple fans, myself included, believed that it could be Dino Crisis.

However, all of these "leaks" believe that the next title will be Resident Evil 4.

Personally, this is a really sensitive one for me, since Resident Evil 4 is one of my favorite entries in the series.

So many memories here.

What do you guys think?

MAKING OF RESIDENT EVIL 4

RESIDENT EVIL 4 KEY ART
hobbes_182
GOBLIN6 Creator
GOBLIN6 Creator

Re: Resident Evil 4 remake?

Post by hobbes_182 »

In a recent blog post with PlayStation Blog EU, Capcom has all but confirmed the upcoming remake of Resident Evil 4.

It appears the RE3 remake director Kiyohiko Sakata has stated that the NE-α parasite within Nemesis is based on Las Plagas which appears in Resident Evil 4.

You can read the full article here.
This article has been updated to credit answers to Kiyohiko Sakata, director of Resident Evil 3. Additional context has also been added to topics involving the Nemesis project and Plagas parasite.

Nemesis begins the game almost entirely covered in black material, almost like a body bag. Can you please offer insight into this aesthetic change, the decision behind it, and how that material is damaged throughout the game?

Nemesis is not a completed model, but a prototype. The black material is not Nemesis’ official attire and was restrictive gear that was haphazardly, quickly created to contain it, which is why it has such visuals. We were hoping to create an aesthetic contrast between Nemesis and Tyrant from Resident Evil 2, who has a more completed and finished look.

Nemesis can now infect zombies with parasites. What was the Capcom dev team hoping to achieve with this change, both from a narrative and gameplay perspective?

This was implemented as a means of differentiating Nemesis from Tyrant in Resident Evil 2. We wanted Nemesis to come across as an even more formidable opponent, so we started considering alternate abilities aside from its heavy weapon artillery.

We inevitably decided on this final ability due to the presence of Ganado in Resident Evil 4. Ganado are humanoid enemies that are created through being infected with the Plagas parasite, the original basis for NE-α. When the Plagas activates, it spawns from the neck of its host in the form of a tentacle. NE-α was created to imitate this parasitic quality. We wanted NE-α infected enemies to be visually similar to the Plagas-infected Ganados as a means for fans to piece together how Nemesis fits within the whole Resident Evil franchise. While this was the design and background for Nemesis in this reimagining of Resident Evil 3, we should note that Nemesis was not designed with this in mind in the original Resident Evil 3: Nemesis.
If this is correct, then we can surely expect MAJOR changes to the story in a Resident Evil 4 remake. Which would bring Umbrella back to the forefront of the outbreak in Europe.

Perhaps a familiar character could be involved in influencing Saddler and Salazar to revive Las Plagas.
hobbes_182
GOBLIN6 Creator
GOBLIN6 Creator

Post by hobbes_182 »

Apparently, DC Douglas has leaked concept art for Resident Evil 4.

The image shows a modern take on Wesker, whom we all know to feature in Separate Ways.

Massive spoiler below:

Special thanks to my man Geth for sending this my way.
hobbes_182
GOBLIN6 Creator
GOBLIN6 Creator

Post by hobbes_182 »

Resident evil 4 will be released on March 24th 2023.

The trailer shows the updated look for the remake. So far, everything shown will be familiar to anyone who has played the original Resident Evil 4.

Here's hoping the next trailer shows us new elements, especially from the unreleased "hook man" version.

RESIDENT EVIL 4 REVEAL TRAILER
hobbes_182
GOBLIN6 Creator
GOBLIN6 Creator

Re: Resident Evil 4 remake

Post by hobbes_182 »

I have saved the official media released by Capcom for the Resident Evil 4 remake as of 06/06/2022.

KEY ART

As usual, images have also been saved to the Resident Evil 4 remake gallery.
hobbes_182
GOBLIN6 Creator
GOBLIN6 Creator

Post by hobbes_182 »

So Capcom finally released the second Resident Evil 4 remake trailer.

I have to say, at first I was skeptical about the remake. Especially since we were just literally in a "Village" in Resident Evil 8. But, it does seem like a totally different feel:

RESIDENT EVIL 4 REMAKE TRAILER

Los Iluminados' "prayer" is pretty hard to make out with the noise Ashley makes. What I could get from the trailer was:

Que la luz de tu gloria me ilumine hacia el paraiso
May the light from your glory shine on me as I make my way towards paradise

Acepta este sacrificio, a vuestra (INAUDIBLE) gloria y el pecado
Accepta this sacrifice, our (INAUDIBLE) glory and sin

(EVERYTHING AFTER THAT IS VERY DIFFICULT TO MAKE OUT)

RESIDENT EVIL 4 GAMEPLAY

POLICE RADIO:

¡Necesito apoyo! ¿Quien es (INAUDIBLE)? (SCREAM)
I need back up! Who is (INAUDIBLE)? (SCREAM)

GANADO IN VILLAGE:

¡Muerete!
Die!

¡Agarradlo!
Grab him!

¡No puede ser!
This cannot be! / This cannot be happening!

¡No me jodas!
Fuck me! / Don't fuck with me!

¡Puede con nosotros!
He can take us! (As in fighting)

¡Detras de ti, imbecil! (A Stone Cold Classic from the original RE4)
Behind you, imbecile!

¡Te vamos a romper en pedazos! (Another Stone Cold Classic from the original RE4)
We are going to tear you apart!

¡Cuidado!
Be careful!

¡Alli esta! (Another RE4 classic)
There he is!

¡Es mierda!
He is shit!

¡Matalo! (More RE4 fanservice)
Kill him!

¡Lo tengo, matadlo!
I have him, kill him!

¡Puedes correr, pero no te puedes esconder!
You can run, but you can't hide!

¡No dejeis que se esconde! (This one could be a wrong reading from the script. From the Spanish I was taught it would be: "¡No dejes que se esconda!")
Do not let him hide!

Oh, and REverse is still coming out:

REVERSE TRAILER

Massive thanks to my man geth for keeping tabs on the trailers.
hobbes_182
GOBLIN6 Creator
GOBLIN6 Creator

Post by hobbes_182 »

Capcom has released a third trailer for Resident Evil 4.

RESIDENT EVIL 4 THIRD TRAILER

We finally get a good look at Saddler. Plus, it is great to see Luis appear in new sections of the story compared to the original RE4.

Personally, Krauser was a big let down. Dude looked amazing in the original RE4.

Apparently there should be a demo arriving soon.

My body is ready.

Massive thanks to geth for the update.

I have also updated the Resident Evil 4 Remake gallery with the latest images.
hobbes_182
GOBLIN6 Creator
GOBLIN6 Creator

Post by hobbes_182 »

Capcom has released an ARG (Augmented Reality Game) as part of a tie in for Resident Evil 4.

In the original game, we are informed that Ashley has been Kidnaped. In this ARG, we actually track the events as they happen in real-time and try to discover what actually happened as a member of the US Secret Service.

This is actually pretty fun.

You can check out the website here:

https://babyeagleismissing.com/

As of this writing, the event is currently in day 2. I'll post a few screenshots in order to not ruin the experience for anyone who has not been able to try this yet.

I have also been cataloguing all images on the Resident Evil 4 Gallery.

SCREENSHOTS

03.10.2023 UPDATE - We are up to date on the ARG.
hobbes_182
GOBLIN6 Creator
GOBLIN6 Creator

Post by hobbes_182 »

Alright dudes, FOUR is upon us.

As always, I'll be doing an online blackout. I will be posting my progress below, spoiler free.

For anyone who is still on the fence about getting it, I have posted my images from the Chainsaw demo here.

See you guys in Spain!.
hobbes_182
GOBLIN6 Creator
GOBLIN6 Creator

Post by hobbes_182 »

So just like Resident Evil Village, I had a few hiccups during the launch of Resident Evil 4.

The game unlocked at 11:30pm my time, which meant it was 1am by the time my download finished. So I started playing REALLY late (or really early depending on your part of the world).

Feel free to browse my images below, they are spoiler free. But if you're looking to jump into this blind, then feel free to skip them.

DAY 01 PROGRESS

I was a bit timid going into this ne. As the original Resident Evil 4 is basically my gaming bible I was honestly nervous Capcom would fuck this up.

So far so good.

I feel young again.