Resident Evil 4 remake

Discussion for BIOHAZARD 2 Remake, BIOHAZARD 3 Remake, BIOHAZARD 4 Classic and Remake, BIOHAZARD 5, BIOHAZARD 6, BIOHAZARD 7, BIOHAZARD Village, BIOHAZARD The Umbrella Chronicles, BIOHAZARD The Darkside Chronicles, BIOHAZARD Revelations, BIOHAZARD Revelations 2, BIOHAZARD Mercenaries Vs, BIOHAZARD The Mercenaries 3D, BIOHAZARD Operation Raccoon City, Umbrella Corps, and Project Resistance. All CG/live-action movies as well.
hobbes_182
GOBLIN6 Creator
GOBLIN6 Creator
GOBLIN6 IRC: hobbes_182
GOBLIN6 OBSRVR SYSTEM: Ps2 obsrvr

Re: Resident Evil 4 remake

Post by hobbes_182 »

I have been playing the game (almost) for a solid week.

Damn do I regret not posting each night. So here we go, a massive dump of my current progress so far.

DAY 02 PROGRESS

DAY 03 PROGRESS

DAY 04 PROGRESS

DAY 05 PROGRESS

DAY 06 PROGRESS

I am really enjoying RE4. I highly recommend anyone still playing to take it slow and explore, explore, explore. That back tracking goes a long way here. Not to mention the merchant side missions.

I cannot wait to replay this in order to get screenshots for the wiki.
hobbes_182
GOBLIN6 Creator
GOBLIN6 Creator

Post by hobbes_182 »

Capcom has released a free update for Resident Evil 4 which includes The Mercenaries.

From what I have gathered, the 4 playable characters (that I know about) are:
THE MERCENARIES TRAILER

I am still going through the campaign on my 1st run (hardcore).

Just got out of the castle.
hobbes_182
GOBLIN6 Creator
GOBLIN6 Creator

Post by hobbes_182 »

As I had mentioned on the site, I am finally out of the Castle.

This game has probably had the worst coverage on my part. Especially when compared to how "on-it" I was with RE Village.

I have been enjoying the game a lot, but instead of getting screenshots as I play, I have been recording my sessions in order to get screenshots off of the footage later. It does sound better in practice, but it is extremely easy to get caught up gaming and "forgetting to post". Anyway, here is what went on in the Castle for me:

CHAPTER 8

CHAPTER 9

CHAPTER 10

CHAPTER 11

Finally caught up on posting. Hopefully I can get some time in tonight.
hobbes_182
GOBLIN6 Creator
GOBLIN6 Creator

Post by hobbes_182 »

So I finally managed to beat the game.

Damn was that one wild ride. As I mentioned before, I REALLY suckled at posting my daily progress this time around.

I thought I would try recording the footage then grabbing the screenshots from there. Although this does work, it almost felt like working backwards (not to mention it felt like it was taking way too ling to post). Don't get me wrong, I do have a lot of footage if I ever cut a retrospective together...

Here we go, the final chapters of Resident Evil 4:

THE MERCENARY ISLAND

Once I got here I got my ass kicked so hard that it almost felt like playing Dark Souls. Just like that series, I approached this section wrong. I rolled up onto the mercenaries as if they were normal Ganado and tried to roundhouse kick everyone. Well, turns out that does not work (at least not on hardcore).

What the game is trying to show you here is that these dudes kick major ass, so you should watch yourself. Once that epiphany hit me, I went to work. I would roll up on them all Solid Snake style and stealth kill them. Then, when bullets needed to be fired, I skinned that smoke-wagon and got a John Wick on everyone.

This worked perfectly.

But those damn Regenerators do give you quite the scare though.

Every major encounter left me with only a handful of bullets, which made me chug my white monster energy constantly.

KRAUSER

Haha, this son of a bitch. I was looking forward to the fight and it did not disappoint. I was ready for a slog-fest of traps and him chasing me around (just like in the GameCube original). But they did manage to surprise me there. Not to brag, but my knife-work is awesome if I do say so myself. Those sections had me making Krauser look stupid.

ENDGAME

There is too much to spoil here, but for anyone who has not played it, these sections do get a lot of love. They are remixed perfectly for us veterans, plus they added some new elements to those familiar areas and character encounters.

I'd love to stream this soon, but fuck that, I'd do it on normal. This way I can talk about all the changes and updates.

I wonder if my knife has an ultimate upgrade where it won't break anymore...

Damn, now I have to put in some work into The Mercenaries to play as my man dude HUNK...

Oh, the gallery now has the concept art by the way.
hobbes_182
GOBLIN6 Creator
GOBLIN6 Creator

Post by hobbes_182 »

Capcom revealed upcoming DLC for the Resident Evil 4 remake.

As expected, VR mode is coming along with Separate Ways.

It will be interesting to see how they update Separate Ways, personally I think they can basically scrap the majority of the original and do something totally unexpected for the fans who were there for the original release.

My wallet is ready.

09.21.2023 baby!

TRAILER
hobbes_182
GOBLIN6 Creator
GOBLIN6 Creator

Post by hobbes_182 »

With Separate Ways finally released, it's great to be back playing the Resident Evil 4 remake.

It was weird for Capcom to release the launch trailer days before the DLC was actually released.

Oh well, what do I know.

TRAILER

Check out my progress below. Major spoilers for chapters 1 and 2.

SPOILERS

Loved the first night.

There is one pretty cool change they made to Ada's story. I don't want to spoil it though ^_^